Another delicious recipe using our coconut oil from By Chloe Moir Nutrition which is the perfect Autumn treat!
1 & 1/2 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 & 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 cup coconut flour
Pinch of sea salt
2 ripe banana
1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup maple syrup (or honey)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 apples, grated - plus 2 extra apples for lining the baking tin
1/2 cup sultanas
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl mash the banana, and then add the rest of the wet ingredients, mix well.
- Combine the wet ingredients and dry ingredient together with the grated apple, walnuts and sultanas.
- Line a brownie or cake tin (my tin measured 22.5 x 22.5cm) with baking paper and sprinkle it with cinnamon. Thinly slice 2 apples and layer the slices over the cinnamon. Pour the batter over the top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until the cake is cooked through.
- To check the cake is cooked through, insert a knife into the middle, the knife should come out clean. If there is still raw mixture on the knife then put the cake back in the oven for another 5 minutes.
Makes 16 pieces