Make this oh-so-good Lime Cheesecake ahead of time if you are entertaining, your guests will be asking for the recipe!
Dairy and sugar free, this vegan cheesecake is made using soaked cashew nuts, blended with maple syrup, lime juice and coconut oil, and tastes very much like a traditional cheesecake - delicious!
Top tip - be sure to blend it long enough so the consistency is really smooth and silky.
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup sunflower seeds
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/4 cup dates
- 3 Tbsp Blue Coconut pure coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of 1 lime
- 2 cups cashew nuts, soaked overnight in water
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup Blue Coconut pure coconut oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (about 5 limes)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- To make the base, first soften the dates by covering with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain well and squeeze out as much water as possible - this step is optional but does makes them easier to blend.
- Blend the almonds, sunflower seeds and salt. Add the rest of the base ingredients and blend or pulse to combine.
- Press the mixture into a lined cake tin. Bake for 15mins at 180 degrees. This is an optional step - you can leave the base raw.
- To make the lime cheesecake topping drain and rinse the cashew nuts, place cashews with all other ingredients into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes depending on the blender or processor that you are using, the longer you blend it the smoother it will become.
- Pour the mixture over the base and leave in the freezer to set for at least 2 hours or until set. Alternatively leave overnight in the fridge.
- Once set the cake can be stored in the fridge. It also freezes well too!