Here is a insanely delicious recipe for banana bread that uses no eggs, butter or milk! We've topped it with coconut butter fresh out of the oven.
6 medjool dates
3 ripe bananas
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
1 cup ground almonds
2 Tbsp coconut flour
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
- Pour boiling water over the dates and leave to soften for 30min to 1 hour, drain and mash with a fork.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut butter and dates and mix well. Add the rest of the ingredients and fold to combine.
- Pour the loaf mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until cooked through. To test it has cooked through, insert a knife into the middle. The knife should come out clean when it is cooked.