Treat your special someone this Valentines day with homemade Chocolate Brownie. This recipe is rich, delicious, moist and totally healthy too 🙌💖
Valentines Chocolate Brownie
2 cups dates
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup boiling water
100g coconut oil, room temp (or use coconut oil or half of each)
2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup flour (any flour variety will work)
1/2 cup dark chocolate (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160°C and line a 30cm x 24cm slice tin with baking paper.
- Put the dates in a large bowl, add baking soda and boiling water and stir to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and stir until melted. Leave to stand for 20 minutes.
- Mash softened dates with a potato masher to break them up to a creamy consistency. Stir in the eggs and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir in the honey, sugar, then add the cocoa, flour and stir until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Smooth into prepared tin and bake until it is set in the middle and begins to come away from the sides of the tin (about 30-35 minutes). Cool before cutting into squares. Stored in a sealed container it will keep for a couple of weeks.