Thai Red Noodle Soup
Posted on September 30 2021
This Thai Red noodle soup is deliciously aromatic and flavoursome and such a nourishing winter meal!
We’ve used chicken in this one but you can substitute it for any other protein such as prawns or beef.
1 Tbsp coconut oil
500g chicken thigh or breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
Salt and pepper, to taste
1 onion, finely diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 Tbsp red curry paste
1 Tbsp freshly grated ginger
1 carrot, diced
6 cups low sodium chicken broth
1 can coconut milk
2 cups mushrooms, diced
1 broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
200g vermicelli rice noodles
1 Tbsp fish sauce
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
1/2 cup chopped fresh coriander leaves
2 Tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok over medium heat. Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Add chicken to the pan and cook until golden, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add onion, garlic and ginger to the pan with a little extra oil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and carrot. Cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in red curry paste and ginger until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in chicken broth and coconut milk.
- Stir in chicken. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until reduced, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in rice noodles, fish sauce and sugar until noodles are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Serve with lime juice and coriander.