Add this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry to the dinner menu this week for a delicious, comforting and healthy family dinner.
Thai Coconut Chicken Curry
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 small brown onion, finely diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 heap tsp fresh ginger, grated
450g chicken breast, chopped into bite-sized pieces
1 tsp curry powder
3 Tbsp red curry paste
450ml coconut cream
1 broccoli, chopped into bite-sized pieces
3 cups fresh spinach
Juice of half a lime
½ - 1 Tbsp fish sauce – add to taste
Salt and pepper – to taste
- In a large pan, add the oil, onion, and sauté over medium-high heat until the onion begins to soften. Add the garlic and ginger and chicken and cook for an extra 5 minutes of until chicken is done.
- Add curry powder and curry paste, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the coconut cream, broccoli, spinach, lime juice and fish sauce. Reduce the heat to medium, and allow mixture to gently boil for about 5 minutes.
- Add fish sauce and lime juice, taste and add salt, pepper as you need.
- Evenly sprinkle with the cilantro and serve immediately. Curry is best warm and fresh but will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 1 week