Quesadilla time! These quesadillas are loaded with a spicy Mexican chicken, capsicum, corn and cheese filling and topped with plenty of avocado and sour cream. Talk about deliciousness 😋
Spicy Chicken Quesadillas
6 flour tortillas
1 Tbsp coconut oil
4 chicken thighs, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
1/2 an onion, finely chopped
1 red capsicum, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 corn cob, cooked with kernels sliced off
3 fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 cup grated cheese
1/2 an avocado
1/4 cup sour cream or Greek yoghurt
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil. Cook the chicken until cooked through (white when sliced through the middle). This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra coconut oil to the pan and add the onion and cook until soft. Add the capsicum and cook for 2 minutes. Add the garlic, corn, tomatoes, spices and seasonings and cook for a further 2-3 minutes.
- Mix the cooked chicken through and set aside.
- Add 1 flour tortilla to skillet and top half of the tortilla with a heavy sprinkling of cheese and cooked chicken/vegetable mixture. Fold the other half of the tortilla over and cook, flipping once, until golden, 3 minutes per side. Repeat to make 6 quesadillas.
- Serve with fresh rocket, avocado and sour cream or Greek yoghurt.