Sandwiches are great for work lunches. They are quick to make and easy to eat.
However, sandwiches can be filled with nutritious ingredients (unprocessed protein, veggies, healthy fats, grainy bread) or they can be void of nutrients (ham on white bread).
Here are our top tips on how to make a sandwich that is packed full of nutrients and tasty too!
- Prep some chicken on Sunday night for the protein source. Using chicken thighs or breast, season with salt and pepper and cook in coconut oil in a hot pan. Slice and keep in a container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
- Choose a grainy seed bread instead of white of whole meal or wraps.
- Instead of mayonnaise and sauces, add hummus, avocado, chutney or spread coconut oil on the bread slices.
- Add veggies such as iceberg lettuce, rocket and capsicum. Tomato is yum but can quick make your bread soggy! So unless you are going to eat the sandwich straight away, avoid adding tomato.
- Season with salt & pepper