Roasted Garlic, Pumpkin & Carrot Hummus
Recipe and images by the wonderful Chloe Moir Nutrition
• 3 medium carrots
• 1 small pumpkin or half a butternut (400g)
• 4 cloves of garlic, whole and unpeeled
• 1 tablespoon of Blue Coconut oil
• Salt and pepper
• 1 cup of chickpeas, soaked and boiled (or 1 tin)
• 2 tablespoons of tahini (optional- if you don't have it then no biggie)
• 2 tablespoons of water
• 1 tablespoon of olive oil (optional)
1. Cut the pumpkin and carrot into cubes and place on a baking tray with the unpeeled garlic cloves. Add the coconut oil and season with salt and pepper. Cooked for 30 minutes or until tender and smelling delicious.
2. If your chickpeas are dried (like mine) soak over night then boil until soft.
3. Puree all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add more water as needed.
4. Serve with seed crackers, homemade wraps, or just eat straight off a spoon!
Chloe Moir Nutrition is an online community all about inspiring, educating & motivating you to take control of your health & fitness for the rest of your life!