Coffee and chocolate, what a mouth-watering combo 🤤
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4 cup cacao powder (or 100% cocoa powder)
- Pinch of sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/2 cup dates
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups of cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/2 cup cacao powder (or 100% cocoa powder)
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup (or your preferred sweetener)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 & 1/2 cups strong coffee
To make the base, first soften the dates by covering with boiling water and leave for 5 minutes. Drain well and squeeze out as much water as possible - this makes them easier to blend.
If a food processor or high powered blender, blend the almonds, walnuts, coconut, cacao powder and salt. Add the rest of the base ingredients and pulse to combine.
Press the mixture into a tart tin. Leave it to set in the freezer while you make the mocha filling.
To make the mocha filling drain and rinse the cashew nuts, place cashews with all other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes depending on the power of the blender or processor that you are using.
Pour over the base and leave in the freezer to set for 2-3 hours (or until firm) before slicing. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days or freezer for up to 4-6 weeks.