It can be hard to find a healthy snack bar that isn’t filled with sugar! 🤷 Why not give these homemade Raw Apricot Bars a shot? We promise they'll take less than 20 minutes to make and will be perfect for the kid's lunchbox or as an after-school snack 🙌
Raw Apricot Bars
1 cup of organic apricots
½ cup of dates
1 cup of almonds
1 cup of cashews
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of sea or Himalayan salt
2 Tbsp desiccated coconut.
- Place the dates and apricots into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for 5 minutes then drain all the water out. This makes them easier to blend.
- Place the cashews, almonds and salt in a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
- Add the dates, apricots, coconut oil and vanilla to the blender or food processor and blend into a paste.
- Pour the mixture into a container lined with baking paper. Press down firmly and sprinkle with desiccated coconut.
- Leave the slice to set in the freezer for at least 1 hour before slicing
- Store in the fridge or freezer.