The most craved winter meal has got to be a yummy creamy hot soup! We love this Pumpkin and Carrot soup as it’s easy to make and packed full of nutrition.
Pumpkin & Carrot Soup
1 small pumpkin, skin removed
4 carrots, pealed
3 garlic cloves, skin on
1 white onion
2 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 to 1 teaspoon of salt (if you are using stock you will not need as much salt)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cups of water or vegetable stock
1 tin of coconut milk
Pinch of chili – add to your liking
- Cut pumpkin, carrot and onion into small pieces, place on a lined tray with coconut oil, garlic cloves, curry powder and Himalayan salt. Roast for approx 40 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown. If the garlic cooks quicker (depending on the size of the clove, take it out sooner).
- Add the cooked vegetables, the garlic (squeeze it from the skin), water/stock and coconut milk to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and add the chili powder. Blend again.
- Depending on your soup-texture preference, add more stock/water for a thinner soup.
- Pour the soup into a pot to re-heat to the perfect eating temperature.