Mint, chocolate and ice cream. Can you think of a better trio than that!? 😋
Mint Choc Chip Ice Cream
1 & 1/2 cup cashews, soaked in water overnight
1 cup coconut cream or milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
2 Tbsp Blue Coconut coconut oil
15 mint leaves (or use natural mint extract)
1/4 cup water - add more if needed
1/4 cup almond butter (or any nut butter e.g. peanut butter)
1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
1 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
2 Tbsp cacao powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch of sea salt
- To make the ice cream drain and rinse the cashew nuts, place cashews with all other ingredients in a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. This can take a couple of minutes depending on the power of the blender or processor that you are using.
- Taste the ice cream and add more mint if you’d like.
- Pour the ice cream into a container and set aside while you make the chocolate.
- To make the chocolate mix together all of the ingredients.
- Pour the chocolate over the ice cream and using a blunt knife, marble it through.
- Place the ice cream in the freezer for 2 hours or until firm enough to scoop.