Another delicious and nourishing recipe from nutritionist Chloe Moir! These lemon muffins are the perfect on the go snack for school, university or work. They are dairy free, gluten free and refined sugar free, meaning you can get satisfy your muffin fix while knowing you're having a healthy snack!
2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
3/4 cup of ground almonds
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- In separate bowls, mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Carefully fold the 2 together.
- Pour the muffin mixture into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until the muffins are cooked.
- To check they are cooked through, insert a knife into the muffin, the knife should come out clean. If there is still raw mixture on the knife then put the muffins back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
Makes 6 medium sized muffins or 4 large