Making your own popcorn at home is easy and nutritious when popped in coconut oil. Here is a recipe for Homemade Savoury Popcorn that is the perfect movie snack the whole family will enjoy.
Homemade Savoury Popcorn
1 Tbsp Blue Coconut coconut oil
¼ cup popcorn kernels
2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
Sea salt to season
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the oil and 2 popcorn kernels. Cover the pot and wait for the kernels to pop, which might take a few minutes.
- Once the kernels pop, remove the pot from the heat and pour in the remaining popcorn kernels. Cover the pot again, and give the pot a little shimmy to distribute the kernels evenly. Let the pot rest for 60 seconds to make sure the oil doesn’t get too hot before the kernels are ready to pop.
- Put the pot back onto the element and continue cooking the popcorn, carefully shimmying the pot occasionally. Once the kernels start popping, tip the lid just a touch to allow steam to escape.
- Continue cooking until the popping sound slows to about one pop per every few seconds.
- Remove the lid, add the salt and nutritional yeast and mix.