These Muesli Bars are the perfect grab n go snack bar! They are naturally sweetened with dried fruit and a little maple syrup, packed full with protein and healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil.
Homemade Muesli Bars
½ cup peanut butter
¼ cup melted coconut oil
¼ cup honey or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup nuts mixed, roughly chopped
1 cup oats
½ cup seeds (sunflower and pumpkin seeds)
½ cup desiccated coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup dried fruit (chopped dates, sultanas, cranberries).
- Preheat oven to 180degC. Line a square 20-22cm baking tin with baking paper.
- Mix coconut oil, honey, peanut butter and vanilla together in a medium-size bowl.
- In a separate larger bowl mix together the rest of the muesli ingredients, then pour over the peanut butter mixture. Mix to combine.
- Use the back of a coconut oiled spoon to firmly press mixture into lined baking tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until golden brown on top. When it comes out of the oven, press down on it with the back of a spoon again to make it firmer (so it doesn’t crumble apart).
- Leave to cool in the tin then refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours until firm, before removing and cutting into 8 bars or 16 squares. Will keep in an air-tight container for about a week.