Healthy Lemon Muffins
Posted on October 07 2021
Use up some of the lemons in the fruit bowl and make these delicious Lemon muffins. They are great to freeze and enjoy as an afternoon treat or a yummy snack for the kids.
2 Tbsp lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
1/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp maple syrup (or honey)
3/4 cup of ground almonds
1/4 cup tapioca flour
1/4 cup coconut flour
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
Zest of 1 lemon
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees fan bake.
- In separate bowls, mix the wet ingredients and dry ingredients. Carefully fold the 2 together.
- Pour the muffin mixture into a lined muffin tin.
- Bake at 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until the muffins are cooked.
- To check they are cooked through, insert a knife into the muffin, the knife should come out clean. If there is still raw mixture on the knife then put the muffins back in the oven for another 3-5 minutes.
Makes 6 medium sized muffins or 4 large