This Feijoa Crumble Slice is such a yummy way to use up those ripe feijoas in your fruit bowl! It’s super simple to make and uses basic ingredients that you likely already have stocked up in your lockdown pantry.
Feijoa Crumble Slice
1 & 1/2 cup rolled oats
1 cup ground almonds
1 cup normal flour
1 cup desiccated coconut
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
1/4 cup water
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 cups feijoa (flesh only) - about 10-20 feijoas
2 tsp coconut sugar
2 tsp tapioca flour or cornflour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray or brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except for the feijoa, tapioca four and the extra 2 tsp coconut sugar.
- Tip 2/3rd of the mixture into the lined tin and press down flat.
- Spread the feijoa evenly over the base, sprinkle over the tapioca flour and 2 tsp of coconut sugar.
- Crumble the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is golden and the feijoa filling is bubbling. Leave in the tin to cool down for half an hour then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Leave the slice to cool down before cutting.
Makes 16 large pieces