This Feijoa Crumble Slice is such a yummy way to use up those ripe feijoas in your fruit bowl! It’s super simple to make and uses basic ingredients that you likely already have stocked up in your lockdown pantry.
Feijoa Crumble Slice
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup flour (any flour will work, I used 1/2 ground almonds and 1/2 normal flour)
1/2 cup desiccated coconut
2 Tbsp natural sweetener (honey, maple syrup or coconut nectar)
¼ cup coconut sugar (leave aside 1 tsp for the feijoa topping)
½ cup coconut oil, melted
1 tsp vanilla
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup feijoa (about 10 medium feijoas)
1 tsp tapioca flour or cornflour
- Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius and line a baking tray with brownie tin with baking paper.
- In a bowl mix together all ingredients except for the feijoa and tapioca four.
- Tip 2/3rd of the mixture into the lined tin and press down flat.
- Spread the feijoa evenly over the base, sprinkle over the tapioca flour and 1 tsp of coconut sugar.
- Crumble the remaining mixture over the top.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the top is golden and the feijoa filling is bubbling. Leave in the tin to cool down for half an hour then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Leave the slice to cool down before cutting.