Now that we’re heading into winter, we’re swapping salads for soups to nourish and warm us through the colder months ahead! Soups are such a great easy weeknight dinner option, and the best part is you can double the recipe and freeze some for dinner another night. Cook once, eat twice, that’s a big yes from us!
2 medium kumara
1 brown onion
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 of salt (if you are using stock you will not need as much salt)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cups of water or vegetable stock
1 tin of coconut milk
- Cut kumara, carrot and onion into small pieces, place on a lined tray with coconut oil, curry powder and salt. Roast for approx 40 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown.
- Place the cooked vegetables into a large bowl. Add the water/stock and coconut milk. Using a stick blender, blitz into your desired texture. Leaving the soup a little chunky is always nice!
- Depending on your soup-texture preference, add more stock/water for a thinner soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the soup into a pot to re-heat to the perfect eating temperature.