Coconut Kumara Soup
Posted on June 09 2022
Now that we’re heading into winter, we’re swapping salads for soups to nourish and warm us through the colder months ahead! Soups are such a great easy weeknight dinner option, and the best part is you can double the recipe and freeze some for dinner another night. Cook once, eat twice, that’s a big yes from us!
2 medium kumara
1 brown onion
1 teaspoon curry powder
1/2 of salt (if you are using stock you will not need as much salt)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
2 cups of water or vegetable stock
1 tin of coconut milk
- Cut kumara, carrot and onion into small pieces, place on a lined tray with coconut oil, curry powder and salt. Roast for approx 40 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown.
- Place the cooked vegetables into a large bowl. Add the water/stock and coconut milk. Using a stick blender, blitz into your desired texture. Leaving the soup a little chunky is always nice!
- Depending on your soup-texture preference, add more stock/water for a thinner soup.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste
- Pour the soup into a pot to re-heat to the perfect eating temperature.