Coconut Energy Slice
Posted on June 23 2022
This Coconut Energy Slice is jam-packed full of nutrition! The base is made from toasted nuts, seeds, oats and coconut and then it’s all glued together with a delicious blend of peanut butter, coconut oil and maple syrup 😋
It’s the perfect afternoon pick-me up or a yummy after dinner treat with a cup of tea. We love to store this slice in the freezer as it last for ages! It means there is always something yummy to enjoy when those sweet cravings hit.
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup roasted nuts (almonds, cashews etc)
1/2 cup roast pumpkin seeds
1/2 cup roast sunflower seeds
1/4 cup chia seeds
1/4 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut
1 cup oats
80g dark chocolate (we used Whittaker's 50%)
1 Tbsp coconut oil
- Warm coconut oil, peanut and maple syrup in a small saucepan over low heat.
- In a large bowl, place oats, nuts, seeds, cacao, chia seeds and coconut and mix together.
- Add the warm coconut oil mixture, as well as the vanilla extract and mix well.
- Transfer to an 20x30cm dish lined with baking paper. Press down.
- Melt the chocolate and oil together by placing in the microwave and heating for short 10-20 bursts until just meted. Stir well until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over the base and spread it out. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or until firm. Slice and store in an airtight container in the fridge.