What’s more Christmassy than Fruit Custard Tarts!? The perfect ending to your Christmas Day menu.
1 & 3/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 cup tapioca flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2 Tbsp Blue Coconut Coconut Oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp maple syrup (or any other sweetener you prefer)
2-3 Tbsp coconut flour (only if needed)
1 cup organic coconut cream
1/2 cup almond milk
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
2 tsp vanilla extract
3 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp tapioca flour or cornflour
3 Tbsp Blue Coconut Coconut Oil
1 punnet of strawberries
2 x kiwi fruit
2 x mandarins
- First make the custard as this needs time to cool down.
- Place all custard ingredients into a pot and heat on low to medium heat whisking continuously until thick. Once thick, take off the heat and leave to cool to room temperature then place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the pastry, add all of the ingredients to a bowl and mix. If the dough is too dry, add a little water. If the dough is too wet then add coconut flour until it comes together. Place the dough in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Roll the dough out between 2 pieces of baking baking and using a cookie cutter to make approximately 10 circles. The size of your circles depends on how big your pie tins are.
- Place each dough circle in a coconut oil greased muffin tray.
- Bake the cases for 15-20 minutes at 180 degrees or until cooked. Set aside and leave to cool down.
- Once the custard is cold, fill the pastry cases and top with your favourite fruit.