These Chocolate Afghan Biscuits are a healthy twist on the NZ classic. Super easy to make and so delicious. The best part if the kids will never know they are healthy!
Chocolate Afghan Biscuits
1/3 cup Blue Coconut coconut oil
3 Tbsp maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup ground almonds
1/4 cup cacao powder or 100% cocoa powder
Pinch of sea salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups of organic cornflakes
2 Tbsp peanut butter
2 Tbsp Blue Coconut coconut oil, soft
1 & 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
2 Tbsp cacao powder
- Preheat your oven to 160°C fan bake. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a large bowl mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Add the ground almonds, cacao powder, baking soda and sea salt and mix well.
- Add the cornflakes then stir thoroughly until the mixture is combined.
- Place heaped teaspoonfuls onto a baking tray, squeeze the mixture together gently if necessary then press lightly with a fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack before icing.