This Chicken Fried Rice is a quick and easy weekday dinner meal that the whole family will enjoy!
Chicken Fried Rice
3 Tbsp coconut oil
4 chicken thighs, sliced into bite-sized pieces
1 small white onion, diced
1 capsicum, finely chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 chili, finely chopped
1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
1/2 cup frozen peas
2 eggs, whisked with a little salt
4 cups cooked and chilled rice (I prefer short-grain white rice)
3–4 tablespoons soy sauce, or more to taste
2 teaspoons oyster sauce (optional)
1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 Tbsp sriracha
Salt and black pepper
Serve with fresh coriander and chopped peanuts
- In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, heat coconut oil. Cook the chicken until cooked through (white when sliced through the middle). This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add a little extra coconut oil to the pan and cook the eggs for 2 min
- add the onion and cook until soft. Add the capsicum, garlic, chili, carrots and peas cook for another few minutes until the carrot is soft.
- Push vegetables to the sides of the pan, add the eggs to the middle, and cook to scramble, stirring as necessary.
- Add the cooked chicken, cooking rice, the sauces and salt & pepper.
- Mix well. Taste and season with extra soy sauce, if needed.