How’s this for a summer salad? Roast beets rocket, feta cheese, mint, walnuts and a delicious balsamic dressing. Perfect addition to a summer BBQ dinner or a yummy weekday lunch.
Beetroot, Rocket & Feta Salad
4 x fresh beetroot
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1 Tbsp coconut sugar
Salt and pepper to season
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
200 g baby rocket leaves
1 x lemon, use the juice only
1 cup fresh mint, chopped
1/2 cup chopped almonds, roasted
120 g feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- Place the beetroot wedges in a large roasting dish lined with baking paper and mix through 2 Tbsp of the coconut oil and the sugar, vinegar and salt and pepper. Spread out into a single layer.
- Roast for 40-45 minutes until tender and just starting to shrivel. Allow beets to cool in the roasting dish.
- Toss rocket leaves with the lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of olive oil.
- Place in a salad bowl. Top with the cooled roasted beetroot, almonds, chopped mint and feta cheese.