Check out this new recipe for Banana Choc Chip Muffins! They come together in minutes, so delicious and are perfect for using up those ripe bananas in the fruit bowl.
Banana Choc Muffins
2 ripe bananas, mashed (the riper the better)
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
½ tsp vanilla
¼ cup maple syrup
1 cup ground almonds
¼ cup tapioca flour
1 tsp cinnamon
½ cup dark choc chips
1/4 cup chopped pecans for the top (or use extra choc chips)
- Preheat oven to 160ºC. Grease muffin pan with oil, or use muffin cases.
- In a large bowl add the mashed banana, coconut oil, vanilla, eggs and maple syrup mix until smooth.
- Next add the ground almonds, tapioca flour, cinnamon, and baking soda. Use large spatula to gently combine until no lumps are present in batter.
- Gently fold in the choc chips. Muffin batter should have a medium thickness, but not too heavy.
- Evenly distribute batter into 9-10 muffin cups, about 2/3 of the way full.
- Bake muffins for 12-18 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean. Muffins will rise and cracks should appear when done. Allow muffins to cool in pan for 5 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.