Here at Blue Coconut we love bliss balls! They are the perfect treat to keep in the freezer for when the sweet cravings hit. These Apricot & Cashew Bliss Balls are packed full of healthy fats from the nuts and coconut oil, plus the perfect amount of tart and sweetness from the dried apricots.
Apricot Bliss Balls
1 cup of roasted almonds
1 cup of roasted cashews
1 cup of organic apricots
1/4 cup of dates
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp of sea or Himalayan salt
¼ cup desiccated coconut
- If your almonds and cashews are raw roast them in the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden. Watch them carefully that they do not burn.
- Place the dates and apricots into a bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soften for 5 minutes then drain all the water out. This makes them easier to blend.
- Place the cashews, almonds and salt in a blender or food processor and blend into fine crumbs.
- Add the dates, apricots, coconut oil and vanilla to the blender or food processor and blend into a paste.
- Pour the desiccated coconut into a medium sized bowl. Take a tablespoon of mixture roll it into a ball and coat it in the desiccated coconut.
- Leave the balls in the freezer to set for an hour. Store in the fridge or freezer.
Makes approx 15 balls