Now that the weather is starting to cool down a hot morning brekkie is making more of an appearance. Move over ordinary oats, and hello Apple & Cinnamon Baked Oats! This recipe is so delicious it could pass as a dessert and healthy enough to have it every morning for breakfast.
1 cup oats
1/2 c coconut
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup milk
1/2 c water
1/2 cup cooked apples
1/4 c coconut oil
1/4 c raisins
2 eggs, whisked
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, mix together rolled oats, coconut, cinnamon, baking soda, milk, water, coconut oil, and eggs.
- Fold in raisins and the cooked apples.
- Pour mixture into prepared baking dish and top with apple and raisins.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center has set and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve with a drizzle maple syrup, yoghurt or cream.