Healthy Magnum Ice Creams
I think we can all agree that biting into a magnum ice cream has got to be one of the best experiences ever!
Our recent collaboration with nutritionist Chloe Moir Nutrition, saw the creation of these tasty, healthy treats. They are easy to make, full of nutritious, real ingredients and bound to be a hit with the whole family!
The trick to these ice creams is definitely the crunchy chocolate coating. The combination of coconut oil and peanut butter creates a creamy, thick chocolate coating that melts in your mouth!
Ice cream molds and wooden sticks came from a $2 shop :)
Ingredients - makes 4 :
- 2 ripe bananas
- 3 Tbsp peanut butter (or any nut butter) - we love Pics
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of milk (I used coconut milk)
- ¼ cup of Blue Coconut pure coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup of peanut butter (or other nut butter such as almond butter)
- 2 tablespoon of cacao powder (or use 100% cocoa powder)
- ½ teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup of chopped almonds, roasted
- First make your ice cream by blending the bananas, peanut butter, vanilla and milk.
- Pour this into ice block molds and place in the freezer to set for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To make the chocolate layer mix the melted coconut oil, peanut butter, cacao powder, vanilla, salt, honey and almonds together in a bowl until combined.
- Dip each ice cream in the chocolate mixture giving it a generous coat.
- Serve them as soon as the chocolate has set. Otherwise freeze them until required and let defrost for 10 minutes at room temperature before serving.